Monday 30 June 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Transformers: Age of Extinction (AOE) was released last week. This my review of it. Careful SPOILERS may lie ahead! You've been warn!!


AOE was about an engineer (Cade Yeager) who founded a truck in old theater in Texas. He bought it and thought that the old truck will be his salvation against his debts. Then he found out that the truck was actually a Transformer. Ok its Optimus Prime. All transformers were targets by the government as due to the things that happened in the third movie (Dark of the Moon). There was this team, a task force hunting down the transformers with the help of a transformer bounty hunter, Lockdown. After they learned that optimus was revived, they tracked him down making Cade and family to be involved too. Meanwhile, there is a company building human-made Transformer using some kind of metal.(Transmonium). They created Galvatron from the remains of Megatron.


Ok. I get it. Even the synopsis is bad. I am sorry. Its hard to shorten a 2 hours and 45 minutes movie. What I can say is simple thou. Casting was ok but the acting was shitty. Only Mark Walhberg did ok thou. Stanley Tucci was ok but Bay certainly cannot resist creating a lot of annoying hate-able characters like he did with Shia LeBouef and John Turtouro in the other 3 movies. Storyline was a bit blurry and messy.There was so much uncertainty in the story telling. Its Revenge of the Fallen all over again. I do not know more to say. This is a high-rated sucky franchise and Bay is keeping me to think that way. I would say this is the best transformers movie so far but its still to far to make my top 5 of the year. That is sad. What I like about this movie was its music score. The music was so Transformer-ish and I loved it. I also loved the part where the robot transform and the action was good and entertaining. love the new addition of robots. I like the new addition to Bumblebee and OP. It was badass. The Dino bot did not make so much of a use but still give this movie some points to live with.

If you like explosion and fun action you will like the movie. If you want to see more of that, you will be very dissapointed. I wasn't so dissapointed but I got to admit I was on for more. I want action, explosion, emotion and good acting(owh my god that girl from the last airbender really sucks). I did not get what I want.3 stars. Recommended for action lovers and hard core fans only.

2 comments:

  1. i slept in the first attempt watching it.

    so i watched it twice. i slept both movie.

    ReplyDelete