Sunday 26 October 2014

Movie Reviews

Because of my schedule, I have some movie reviews. I am compressing things down and I will review 2 movie in a post. Don't worry, it will be a brief review.

Dracula Untold
This movie is an origin movie of Vlad the Impaler. As his kingdom is being threatened by the Turks, the young prince must become a monster feared by his own kingdom in order to obtain the power needed to protect his own family, and the families of his kingdom.

This movie, for me was average. The story line was the same old story line which made bored but the action scenes were quite nice although I always thought that they should add more fight scene thus increasing the 'epicness' level. Not very satisfying in other technical aspect such as acting and the visual because it was blunt and dark. Casting was also bad because I hate Dominic Cooper as the Sultan. I took that as an insult. 

I recommend this to bat-lovers and die hard metal twillight fan. 2.8 stars.

The book of Life


This movie follows Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears.

Look at that poster. Colorful ain't it? Its how colorful the movie was. I was stunned by the visual and audio presented by what it supposed to be a cartoon. It was a musical journey that actually has better take than Frozen. There I said it. The story line was exciting. The plot was intense and it has a certain amount of twist that will make you wonder the direction the movie is going. It was perfect balance in terms of epic and drama. The voice acting was good. The animation was refreshing. The kind of 3D animated movie I've been waiting. 

Recommended for all. 3.8 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment