Monday 11 August 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

I went to watch GOTG on the last week. Here is my thought of the movie. There might be some spoiler ahead. You've been warn.

This movie is about Peter Quill a.k.a Star Lord which was kidnapped/adopted by Yondu who has discovered an Orb in an abandoned planet. Instead of giving the Orb to Yondu, he went tries to sell it at Xandar where he met Gamora ( an assassin sent by Ronan the Accuser), Rocket and Groot. Then they met Drax at a prison. They then escaped and travel together.

Well, what can I say. I'm a Marvel freak and I would say I loved this movie just the way I loved Captain America: The winter Soldier. It was fun, adventurous and most of all hilarious. Don't even get me started with the soundtrack. James Gunn(The director) made a great job by giving us just the right amount of fun when he had too.The humor was just the right amount and beleive me sometimes you just laugh even you don't get it but you wouldn't care. The overall story line was good but predictable.The plot was decent. There were suspense and his movie does made us wonder who is Peter Quill's father. The character building was there and perfectly lined. The characters in the movie were there with motive and when only when they have too. Everybody made a great job. I loved how Chriss Pratt played Star Lord and surprisingly Benicio del Toro as the Collector. He was just there for a moment, but that moment was the moment of the movie and I can say the turning point of the movie. Bradley Cooper made has the perfect voice for Rocket and Vin Diesel was perfect for Groot. There were some fun cameos and there was an appearance all Marvel fans were waiting, Thanos. Of all the the upside I was a little bit let down because of the final fight scene. Well were were expecting more but we were given less than it should be. I guess they were holding back a little bit(I don't see why).

Overall this was very nice and funny movie with a lot of the 80's vibe in it making it more colourful and more alive for the audience. Highly Recommended. A solid 4.5 stars. Definitely going for my top 10 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment