Saturday 22 November 2014

The Hunger Games : MockingJay Part 1

I had the chance to watch the movie and this is my review of it. Careful for spoilers. You've been warned


This movie took after the events in The Hunger Games : Catching Fire. Following her rescue from the devastating Quarter Quell, Katniss awakes in the complex beneath the supposedly destroyed District 13. Her home, District 12, has been reduced to rubble, and Peeta is now the brainwashed captive of President Snow . At the same time, Katniss also learns about a secret rebellion spreading throughout all of Panem. A rebellion that will place her at the center of a plot to turn the tables on Snow.

This movie was good. The story line was interesting. Its mainly about spreading propaganda and the idea of the Mockingjay to unite all the districts to rise up against the Capitol. It has more things then I expected. Well this happens when you take a book and split it into two different movies. You will get so much detail and sometimes details bore you.  The plot was nice. It has a lot of suspense. I felt totally uneasy for the whole movie. The suspense was intense and I loved it. The characters was good. Katniss was so good yuo could feel her pain throughout the whole movie. Jenifer Lawrence is a great actress and she keeps proving it to me. She also have a lovely voice. Wait until you hear it yourself. The sound and audio was perfect. These two factors affected this movie so much making it more deeper. The song 'The Hanging Tree' was perfect. Try to listen to it.


As I say before the too much detail actually drags this movie to the sideline for a bit. Still it was a great movie and I believe this is like the perfect platform for Part 2 next year. I believe it will be huge. Overall I thought this movie was great, filled with love, pain and torture. Recommended for fans and all movie goers. 4 stars.

As a gift, the song I talked about

No comments:

Post a Comment